Check https://github.com/conan-io/conan for issues and more details about development, contributors, etc.
- Fix: Fixed regression with usernames starting with non-alphabetical characters, introduced by 0.22.0
- Fix: “-” symbol available again in usernames.
- Fix: Added
futurerequirement to solve an error with pyinstaller generating the Windows installer.
[build_requires]can now be declared in
profilesand apply them to build packages. Those requirements are only installed if the package is required to build from sources, and do not affect its package ID hash, and it is not necessary to define them in the package recipe. Ideal for testing libraries, cross compiling toolchains (like Android), development tools, etc.
- Feature: Much improved support for cross-building. Support for cross-building to Android provided, with toolchains installable via
- Feature: New
package_filescommand, that is able to create binary packages directly from user files, without needing to define
package()methods in the the recipes.
- Feature: command
conan newwith a new
--bareoption that will create a minimal package recipe, usable with the
- Feature: Improved
test()method, automatic setting of BUILD_SHARED_LIBS, better management of variables, support for parallel compilation in MSVC (via /MP)
- Feature: new
tools.msvc_build_command()helper that both sets the Visual vcvars and calls Visual to build the solution. Also
vcvars_commandis improved to return non-empty string even if vcvars is set, for easier concatenation.
- Feature: Added package recipe linter, warning for potential errors and also about Python 3 incompatibilities when running from Python 2. Enabled by default can be opt-out.
- Feature: Improvements in HTML output of
conan info --graph
- Feature: allow custom path to bash, as configuration and environment variable.
- Fix: Not issuing an unused variable warning in CMake for the CONAN_EXPORTED variable
- Fix: added new
mipsarchitectures and latest compiler versions to default settings.yml
- Fix: Unified username allowed patterns to those used in package references.
- Fix: hardcoded vs15 version in tools.vcvars
- BugFix: Clean crash and improved error messages when manifests mistmatch exists in conan upload.
- Bugfix: virtualenv generator quoting environment variables in Windows.
- BugFix: Fixed missing dependencies in
- BugFix: Escaping single quotes in html graph of
conan info --graph=file.html
- BugFix: Fixed loading of auth plugins in conan_server
- BugFix: Fixed
visual_studiogenerator creating XML with dots.
conan info --graphor
--graph=file.htmlwill generate a dependency graph representation in dot or html formats.
- Feature: Added better support and tests for Solaris Sparc.
- Feature: custom authenticators are now possible in
- Feature: extended
conan infocommand with path information and filter by packages.
- Feature: enabled conditional package binaries removal with
conan removewith query syntax
- Feature: enabled generation and validation of manifests from
- Feature: allowing
optionsdefinitions in profiles
- Feature: new
RunEnvironmenthelper, that makes easier to run binaries from dependent packages
- Feature: new
virtualrunenvgenerator that activates environment variable for execution of binaries from installed packages, without requiring
importsof shared libraries.
- Feature: adding new version modes for ABI compatibility definition in
- Feature: Extended
conan newcommand with new option for
CMakehelper defining parallel builds for gcc-like compilers via
--jN, allowing user definition with environment variable and in conan.conf.
conan profilecommand now show profiles in alphabetical order.
- Feature: extended
visual_studiogenerator with more information and binary paths for execution with DLLs paths.
- Feature: Allowing relative paths with $PROFILE_DIR place holder in
- Fix: using only file checksums to decide for modified recipe in remote, for possible concurrent builds & uploads.
- Fix: Improved
--buildmodes management, with better checks and allowing multiple definitions and mixtures of conditions
- Fix: Replaced warning for non-matching OS to one message stating the cross-build
- Fix: local
conan sourcecommand (working in user folder) now properly executes the equivalent of
- Fix: Setting command line arguments to cmake command as CMake flags, while using the TARGETS approach. Otherwise, arch flags like -m32 -m64 for gcc were not applied.
- BugFix: fixed
conan importsdestination folder issue.
- BugFix: Allowing environment variables with spaces
- BugFix: fix for CMake with targets usage of multiple flags.
- BugFix: Fixed crash of
cmake_multigenerator for “multi-config” packages.
- Fix: Added opt-out for
CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAMEautomatically added when cross-building, causing users providing their own cross-build to fail
- BugFix: Corrected usage of
CONAN_C_FLAGSin cmake targets
- Fix: Regression of
visual_studio``generator using ``%(ExecutablePath)instead of
- Fix: Regression for
--build=outdated --build=Pkginstall pattern
- Fix: Disabled the use of cached settings and options from installed
- Fix: Revert the use of quotes in
cmakegenerator for flags.
- Fix: Allow comments in artifacts.properties
- Fix: Added missing commit for CMake new helpers
NOTE: It is important that if you upgrade to this version, all the clients connected to the same remote, should upgrade too. Packages created with conan>=0.20.0 might not be usable with conan older conan clients.
- Feature: Largely improved management of environment variables, declaration in
package_info(), definition in profiles, in command line, per package, propagation to consumers.
- Feature: New build helpers
VisualStudioBuildEnvironment, which deprecate
ConfigureEnvironment, with much better usage of environment variables
- Feature: New
virtualbuildenvgenerator that will generate a composable environment with build information from installed dependencies.
- Feature: New
build_id()recipe method that allows to define logic to build once, and package multiple times without building. E.g.: build once both debug and release artifacts, then package separately.
- Feature: Multi-config packages. Now packages can provide multi-configuration packages, like
both debug/release artifacts in the same package, with
self.cpp_info.debug.libs = [...]syntax. Not restricted to debug/release, can be used for other purposes.
- Feature: new
conan configcommand to manage, edit, display
- Feature: Improvements to
CMakebuild helper, now it has
build()methods for common operations.
- Feature: Improvements to
SystemPackageToolwith detection of installed packages, improved implementation, installation of multi-name packages.
- Feature: Unzip with
tools.unzipmaintaining permissions (Linux, OSX)
conan infocommand now allows profiles too
- Feature: new tools
run_in_windows_bash(), useful for autotools projects in Win/MinGW/Msys
- Feature: new context manager
tools.chdir, to temporarily change directory.
- Feature: CMake using
- Feature: Artifactory build-info extraction from traces
- Feature: Attach custom headers to artifacts uploads with an artifacts.properties file.
- Feature: allow and copy symlinks while
- Fix: removing quotes in some cmake variables that were generating incorrect builds
- Fix: providing better error messages for non existing binaries, with links to the docs
- Fix: improved error messages if
- Fix: adding
cpp_infopropagated information, and cmake variables, for directories containing resources and other data.
- Fix: printing error messages if a
--buildpolicy doesn’t match any package
- Fix: managing VS2017 by
tools. Still the manual definition of
- Bug fix: crashes when not supported characters were dumped to terminal by logger
- Bug fix: wrong executable path in Visual Studio generator
- Fix: backward compatibility for new environment variables. New features to be introduced in 0.20
will produce that
conaninfo.txtwill not be correctly parsed, and then package would be “missing”. This will happen for packages created with 0.20, and consumed with older than 0.19.3
NOTE: It is important that you upgrade at least to this version if you are using remotes with packages that might be created with latest conan releases (like conan.io).
- Bug fix: Fixed bug with remotes behind proxies
- Bug fix: Fixed bug with
exports_sourcesfeature and nested folders
- Bug fix: Fixed issue with
conan copyfollowed by
conan uploaddue to the new
exports_sourcesallows to snapshot sources (like
exports) but retrieve them strictly when necessary, to build from sources. This can largely improve install times for package recipes containing sources
- Feature: new configurable tracer able to create structured logs of conan actions: commands, API calls, etc
- Feature: new logger for
self.runactions, able to log information from builds and other commands to files, that can afterwards be packaged together with the binaries.
- Feature: support for Solaris SunOS
Versionhelper improved with
patch, pre, buildcapabilities to handle
- Feature: compress level of tgz is now configurable via
CONAN_COMPRESSION_LEVELenvironment variable, default 9. Reducing it can lead to faster compression times, at the expense of slightly bigger archives
- Feature: Add powershell support for virtualenv generator in Windows
- Feature: Improved
system_requirements()raising errors when failing, retrying if not successful, being able to execute in user space for local recipes
- Feature: new cmake helper macro
- Feature: new cmake
CONAN_EXPORTEDvariable, can be used in CMakeLists.txt to differentiate building in the local conan cache as package and building in user space
- Fix: improving the caching of options from
conan installin conaninfo.txt and precedence.
- Fix: conan definition of cmake output dirs has been disabled for
imports()now uses environment variables at “conan install” (but not at “conan imports” yet)
conan_info()method has been renamed to
package_id(). Backward compatibility is maintained, but it is strongly encouraged to use the new name.
conan_find_librariesnow use the NO_CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH parameter for avoiding issue while cross-compiling
- Fix: disallowing duplicate URLs in remotes, better error management
- Fix: improved error message for wildcard uploads not matching any package
- Fix: remove deprecated
platform.linux_distribution(), using new “distro” package
- Bugfix: fixed management of
VerifySSLparameter for remotes
- Bugfix: fixed misdetection of compiler version in conanbuildinfo.cmake for apple-clang
- Bugfix: fixed trailing slash in remotes URLs producing crashes
- Refactor: A big refactor has been do to
options. Nested options are no longer supported, and
option.suboptionwill be managed as a single string option.
This has been a huge release with contributors of 11 developers. Thanks very much to all of them!
- Bug Fix: Handling of transitive private dependencies in modern cmake targets
- Bug Fix: Missing quotes in CMake macro for modern cmake targets
- Bug Fix: Handling LINK_FLAGS in cmake modern targets
- Bug Fix: Environment variables no propagating to test project with test_package command
- Feature: uploads and downloads with retries on failures. This helps to avoid having to fully rebuild on CI when a network transfer fails
- Feature: added SCons generator
- Feature: support for Python 3.6, with several fixes. Added Python 3.6 to CI.
- Feature: show package dates in
- Feature: new
cmake_multigenerator for multi-configuration IDEs like Visual Studio and XCode
- Feature: support for Visual Studio 2017, VS-15
- Feature: FreeBSD now passes test suite
conan uploadshowing error messages or URL of remote
- Feature: wildcard or pattern upload. Useful to upload multiple packages to a remote.
- Feature: allow defining settings as environment variables. Useful for use cases like dockerized builds.
- Feature: improved
- Feature: cmake helper tools to launch conan directly from cmake
- Added code coverage for code repository
- Fix: conan.io badges when containing dash
- Fix: manifests errors due to generated .pyc files
- Bug Fix: unicode error messages crashes
- Bug Fix: duplicated build of same package binary for private dependencies
- Bug Fix: duplicated requirement if using version-ranges and
- Bug Fix: ConfigureEnvironment helper ignoring libcxx setting. #791
- Bug Fix: conan install –all generating corrupted packages. Thanks to @yogeva
- Improved case sensitive folder management.
- Fix: appveyor links in README.
- Feature: support for modern cmake with cmake
INTERFACE IMPORTEDtargets defined per package
- Feature: support for more advanced queries in search.
- Feature: new
profile list|showcommand, able to list or show details of profiles
- Feature: adding preliminary support for FreeBSD
- Feature: added new
descriptionfield, to document package contents.
- Feature: generation of imports manifest and
conan imports --undofunctionality to remove imported files
- Feature: optional SSL certificate verification for remotes, to allow self signed certificates
- Feature: allowing custom paths in profiles, so profiles can be easily shared in teams, just inside the source repository or elsewhere.
- Feature: fields
channelnow available in conan recipes. That allows to declare requirements for the same user/channel as the current package.
- Feature: improved conan.io package web, adding description.
- Fix: allow to modify cmake generator in
- Fix: added
- Fix: removed unused dependency to Boto
- Fix: wrong line endings in Windows for conan.conf
- Fix: proper automatic use of
- Bug fix: solved problem when uploading python packages that generated .pyc at execution
- Bug fix: crash when duplicate requires were declared in conanfile
- Bug fix: crash with existing imported files with symlinks
- Bug fix: options missing in “copy install command to clipboard” in web
- Solved bug with
test_packagewith arguments, like scopes.
--build=outdated feature had a change in the hash computation, it might report
outdated binaries from recipes. You can re-build the binaries or ignore it (if you haven’t changed
your recipes without re-generating binaries)
- Feature: version ranges. Conan now supports defining requirements with version range expressions
Pkg/[>1.2,<1.9||1.0.1]@user/channel. Check the version ranges reference for details
- Feature: decoupled
importsfrom normal install. Now
conan install --no-importsskips the imports section.
- Feature: new
conan importscommand that will execute the imports section without running install
- Feature: overriding settings per package. Now it is possible to specify individual settings
for each package. This can be specified both in the command line and in
- Feature: environment variables definition in the command line, global and per package. This
allows to define specific environment variables as the compiler (CC, CXX) for a specific package.
These environment variables can also be defined in
profiles. Check profiles reference
- Feature: Now conan files copies handle symlinks, so files are not duplicated. This will
save some space and improve download speed in some large packages. To enable it, use
- Fix: Enabling correct use of MSYS in Windows, by using the Windows
C:/...path instead of the MSYS ones
- Fix: Several fixes in
conan search, both local and in remotes
- Fix: Manifests line endings and order fix, and hash computation fixed (it had wrong ordering)
- Fix: Removed http->https redirection in conan_server that produced some issues for SSL reversed proxies
- Fix: Taking into account “ANY” definition of settings and options
- Fix: Improved some error messages and failures to encode OS errors with unicode characters
- Update: added new arch
ppc64to default settings
- Update: updated python-requests library version
- Fix: Using
generator()instead of compiler to decide on cmake multi-configuration for Ninja+cl builds
- Improved and completed documentation
Upgrade: If you were using the
short_paths feature in Windows for packages with long paths, please
reset your local cache. You could manually remove packages or just run
conan remove "*"
- Feature: New
--build=outdatedfunctionality, that allows to build the binary packages for those dependencies whose recipe has been changed, or if the binary is not existing. Each package binary stores a hash of the recipe to know if they have to be regenerated (are outdated). This information is also provided in the
conan search <ref>command. Useful for package creators and CI.
- Feature: Extended the
short_pathsfeature for Windows path limit to the
packagefolder, so package with very long paths, typically in headers in nested folder hierarchies are supported.
- Feature: New
build()Microsoft Visual Studio solution (.sln) projects
- Feature: Extended the
packagecommand, so together with
buildthey can be fully executed in a user folder, as a convenience for package creation and testing.
- Feature: Extending the scope of
tools.pythonpathto work in local commands too
- Improved the parsing of
profilesand better error messages
- Not adding
-scompiler flag for clang, as it doesn’t use it.
- Automatic generation of
conanenv.txtin local cache, warnings if using local commands and no
conanenv.txtare present to cache the information form install
- Fix: Fixed bug when using empty initial requirements (
requires = "")
- Fix: Added
globhidden import to pyinstaller
- Fix: Fixed minor bugs with
short_pathsas local search not listing packages
- Fix: Fixed problem with virtual envs in Windows with paths separator (using / instead of )
- Fix: Fixed parsing of conanbuildinfo.txt, so the root folder for each dependency is available in local commands too
- Fix: Fixed bug in
test_packagewith the test project using the
- Fixed bug with short_paths feature in windows.
- Improved error messages for non-valid profile test files.
- Remove downloaded tgz package files from remotes after decompress them.
- Fixes bug with install –all and short_paths
- Feature: Added profiles, as user predefined settings and environment variables (as CC and CXX
for compiler paths). They are stored in files in the conan cache, so they can be easily edited,
added, and shared. Use them with
$ conan install --profile=name
short_pathsfeature for Windows now also handle long paths for the final package, in case that a user library has a very long final name, with nested subfolders.
- Feature: Added
tools.cpu_count()as a helper to retrieve the number of cores, so it can be used in concurrent builds
- Feature: Detects cycles in the dependency graph, and raise error instead of exhausting recursion limits
- Feature: Conan learned the
--werroroption that will raise error and stop installation under some cases treated as warnings otherwise: Duplicated dependencies, or dependencies conflicts
- Feature: New
envgenerator that generates a text file with the environment variables defined by dependencies, so it can be stored. Such file is parsed by
$ conan buildto be able to use such environment variables for
self.deps_env_infotoo, in the same way it uses the
txtgenerator to load variables for
- Fix: Do not print progress bars when output is a file
- Fix: Improved the local conan search, using options too in the query
conan search -q option=value
- Fix: Boto dependency updated to 2.43.0 (necessary for ArchLinux)
- Fix: Simplified the
conan packagecommand, removing unused and confusing options, and more informative messages about errors and utility of this command.
- Fix: More fixes and improvements on
ConfigureEnvironment, mainly for Windows
- Fix: Conan now does not generate a
conanbuildinfo.txtfile when doing
$ conan install <PkgRef>
- Bug fix: Files of a package recipe are “touched” to update their timestamps to current time when retrieved, otherwise some build systems as Ninja can have problems with them.
- Bug fix:
qmakegenerator now uses quotes to handle paths with spaces
- Bug fix: Fixed
OSInfoto return the short distro name instead of the long one.
- Bug fix: fixed transitivy of
This minor solves some problems with
ConfigureEnvironment, mainly for Windows, but also fixes
- Fixed concatenation problems in Windows for several environment variables. Fixed problems with path with spaces
- A batch file is created in Windows to be called, as
if definedstructures doesn’t seem to work in the command line.
toolsnow checks the Visual Studio environment variable, if it is already set, it will check it with the current project settings, throwing an error if not matching, returning an empty command if matches.
- Added a
ConfigureEnvironment, to be passed in the command line to the compiler, but not as environment variables
definesto environment for nix systems, it was not being handled before
- Added new tests, compiling simple projects and diamond dependencies with cmake, cl (msvc), gcc (gcc in linux, mingw in win)
and clang (OSX), for a better coverage of the
- Fixed wrong
CPP_INCLUDE_PATH, it is now
IMPORTANT UPGRADE ISSUE: There was a small error in the computation of binary packages IDs, that
has been addressed by conan 0.13. It affects to third level (and higher) package binaries, i.e. A
and B in A->B->C->D, which binaries must be regenerated for the new hashes. If you don’t plan
to provide support for older conan releases (<=0.12), which would be reasonable, you should remove
all binaries first (
conan remove -p, works both locally and remotely), then re-build your binaries.
- Streaming from/to disk for all uploads/downloads. Previously, this was done for memory, but conan started to have issues for huge packages (>many hundreds Mbs), that sometimes could be alleviated using Python 64 bits distros. This issues should be alleviated now
- New security system that allows capturing and checking the package recipes and binaries manifests into user folders (project or any other folder). That ensures that packages cannot be replaced, hacked, forged, changed or wrongly edited, either locally or in any remote server, without notice.
- Possible to handle and reuse python code in recipes. Actually, conan can be used as a package
manager for python, by adding the package path to
env_info.PYTHONPATH. Useful if you want to reuse common python code between different package recipes.
- Avoiding re-compress the tgz for packages after uploads if it didn’t change.
- New command
conan sourcethat executes the
source()method of a given conanfile. Very useful for CI, if desired to run in parallel the construction of different binaries.
- New propagation of
cpp_info, so it now allows for capturing binary package libraries with new
collect_libs()helper, and access to created binaries to compute the
test_packagenow allows the
--updateoption, to automatically update dependencies.
- Added new architectures for
ppc64leand detection for
- New methods for defining requires effect over binary package ID (hash) in
- Many bugs fixes: error in
tools.downloadwith python 3, restore correct prompt in virtualenvs, bug if removing an option in
config_options(), setup.py bug...
This release has contributions from @tru, @raulbocanegra, @tivek, @mathieu, and the feedback of many other conan users, thanks very much to all of them!
- Major changes to search api and commands. Decoupled the search of package recipes, from the search of package binaries.
- Fixed bug that didn’t allow to
uploadpackages with settings restrictions if the restrictions didn’t match the host settings
- Allowing disabling color output with
CONAN_COLOR_DISPLAY=0environment variable, or to configure color schema for light console backgrounds with
- Imports can use absolute paths, and files copied from local conan cache to those paths will not
be removed when
conan install. Can be used as a way to install machine-wise things (outside conan local cache)
- More robust handling of failing transfers (network disconnect), and inconsistent status after such
- Large internal refactor for storage managers. Improved implementations and decoupling between server and client
- Fixed slow
conan removefor caches with many packages due to slow deletion of empty folders
- Always allowing explicit options scopes,
- o Package:option=valueas well as the implicit
-o option=valuefor current
Package, for consistency
- Fixed some bugs in client-server auth process.
- Allow to extract
- Some helpers for
self.info.requires.clear()and removal of settings and options
- New error reporting for failures in conanfiles, including line number and offending line, much easier for package creators
- Removed message requesting to create an account in
conan.iofor other remotes
- Removed localhost:9300 remote that was added by default mostly for demo purposes. Clarified in docs.
- Fixed usernames case-sensitivity in conan_server, due to ConfigParser it was forcing lowercase
- Handling unicode characters in remote responses, fixed crash
- Added new compilers gcc 6.2, clang 8.0 to the default
- Bumped cryptography, boto and other conan dependencies, mostly for ArchLinux compatibility and new OSX security changes
- New solution for the path length limit in Windows, more robust and complete. Package conanfile.py
just have to declare an attribute
short_paths=Trueand everything will be managed. The old approach is deprecated and totally removed, so no shorts_paths.conf file is necessary. It should fix also the issues with uploads/retrievals.
virtualenvgenerator that generates
deactivatescripts that set environment variables in the current shell. It is very useful, for example to install tools (like CMake, MinGW) with conan packages, so multiple versions can be installed in the same machine, and switch between them just by activating such virtual environments. Packages for MinGW and CMake are already available as a demo
- ConfigureEnvironment takes into account environment variables, defined in packages in new
env_info, which is similar to
cpp_infobut for environment information (like paths).
- New per-package build_policy, which can be set to
missing, so it is not necessary to create packages or specify the
--buildparameter in command line. Useful for example in header only libraries or to create packages that always get the latest code from a branch in a github repository.
conan test_packagenow executes by default a
conan exportwith smarter package reference deduction. It is introduced as opt-out behavior.
exportcommand avoids copying
test_package/buildtemporary files in case of
package_info()allows absolute paths in
bindirs, so wrapper packages can be defined that use system or manually installed libraries.
- LDFLAGS in
ConfigureEnvironmentmanagement of OSX frameworks.
- Options allow the
ANYvalue, so such option would accept any value. For example a commit of a git repository, useful to create packages that can build any specific commit of a git repo.
- Added gcc 5.4 to the default settings, as well as MinGW options (Exceptions, threads...)
conan infolearned a new option to output the packages from a project dependency tree that should be rebuilt in case of a modification of a certain package. It outputs a machine readable ordered list of packages to be built in that order. Useful for CI systems.
- Better management of incomplete, dirty or failed
sourcedirectories (e.g. in case of a user interrupting with Ctrl+C a git clone inside the
- Added tools for easier detection of different OS versions and distributions, as well as command
wrappers to install system packages (apt, yum). They use
sudovia a new environment variable CONAN_SYSREQUIRES_SUDO, so using sudo is opt-in/out, for users with different sudo needs. Useful for
- Deprecated the
config()method (still works, for backwards compatibility), but has been replaced by a
config_options()to modify options based on settings, and a
configure()method for most use cases. This removes a nasty behaviour of having the
config()method called twice with side effects.
- Now, running a
conan install MyLib/0.1@user/channelto directly install packages without any consuming project, is also able to generate files with the
-goption. Useful for installing tool packages (MinGW, CMake) and generate
- Many small fixes and improvements: detect compiler bug in Py3, search was crashing for remotes, conan new failed if the package name had a dash, etc.
- Improved some internal duplications of code, refactored many tests.
This has been a big release. Practically 100% of the released features are thanks to active users feedback and contributions. Thanks very much again to all of them!
- conan new command, that creates conan package conanfile.py templates, with a
test_packagepackage test (-t option), also for header only packages (-i option)
- Definition of scopes. There is a default dev scope for the user project, but any other scope (test, profile...) can be defined and used in packages. They can be used to fire extra processes (as running tests), but they do not affect the package binares, and are not included in the package IDs (hash).
- Definition of dev_requires. Those are requirements that are only retrieved when the package is in dev scope, otherwise they are not. They do not affect the package binaries. Typical use cases would be test libraries or build scripts.
- Allow shorter paths for specific packages, which can be necessary to build packages with very long path names (e.g. Qt) in Windows.
- Support for bzip2 and gzip decompression in
package_folderattribute to conanfile, so the
package()method can for example call
cmake installto create the package.
CONAN_CMAKE_GENERATORenvironment variable that allows to override the
CMakedefault generator. That can be useful to build with Ninja instead of the default Unix Makefiles
ConfigureEnvironmentwith include paths in CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS, and fixed bug.
conan user --cleanoption, to completely remove all user data for all remotes.
- Allowed to raise
config()method, so it is easier for package creators to raise under non-supported configurations
- Fixed many small bugs and other small improvements
As always, thanks very much to all contributors and users providing feedback.
- Fixed download bug that made it specially slow to download, even crash. Thanks to github @melmdk for fixing it.
- Fixed cmake check of CLang, it was being skipped
- Improved performance. Check for updates has been removed from install, made it opt-in in
conan infocommand, as it was very slow, seriously affecting performance of large projects.
- Improved internal representation of graph, also improves performance for large projects.
- Fixed bug in
conan install --update
- Python 3 “experimental” support. Now the main conan codebase is Python 2 and 3 compatible. Python 2 still the reference platform, Python 3 stable support in next releases.
- Create and share your own custom generators for any build system or tool. With “generator packages”, you can write a generator just as any other package, upload it, modify and version it, etc. Require them by reference, as any other package, and pull it into your projects dynamically.
- Premake4 initial experimental support via a generator package. Check https://www.conan.io/source/PremakeGen/0.1/memsharded/testing
- Very large re-write of the documentation. New “creating packages” sections with in-source and out-source explicit examples. Please read it! :)
conan test. Renamed
test_packageboth for the command and the folder, but backwards compatibility remains. Custom folder name also possible. Adapted test layout might require minor changes to your package test, automatic warnings added for your convenience.
- Upgraded pyinstaller to generate binary OS installers from 2.X to 3.1
conan searchnow has command line options:, less verbose, verbose, extra verbose
- Added variable with full list of dependencies in conanbuildinfo.cmake
- Several minor bugfixes (check github issues)
conan userto manage user login to multiple remotes
- Fixed linker problems with the new apple-clang 7.3 due to libraries with no setted timestamp.
- Added apple-clang 7.3 to default settings
- Fixed default libcxx for apple-clang in auto detection of base conan.conf
- New conan remote command to manage remotes. Redesigned remotes architecture, now allows
to work with several remotes in a more consistent, powerful and “git-like” way. New remotes
registry keeps track of the remote of every installed package, and this information is shown
conan infocommand too. Also, it keeps different user logins for different remotes, to improve support in corporate environments running in-house servers.
- New update functionality. Now it is possible to
conan install --updateto update packages that became obsolete because new ones were uploaded to the corresponding remote. Conan commands as install and info show information about the status of the local packages compared with the remote ones. In this way, using latest versions during development is much more natural.
- Added new compiler.libcxx setting in order to support the different c++ standard libraries.
It can take libstdc++, libstdc++11 or libc++ values to take into account different standard
libraries for modern gcc and clang compilers. It is also possible to remove not needed settings,
like this one in pure C projects, with the new syntax:
- Conan virtual environment: Define a custom conan directory with CONAN_USER_HOME env variable,
and have a per project or per workspace storage for your dependencies. So you can isolate your
dependencies and even bundle them within your project, by just setting the CONAN_USER_HOME
variable to your
<project>/depsfolder, for example. This also improves support for continuous integration CI systems, in which many builds from different users could be run in parallel.
- Better conanfile download method. More stable and now checks (opt-out) the ssl certificates.
- Lots of improvements: Increased library name length limit, Improved and cleaner output messages.
- Fixed several minor bugs: removing empty folders, case sensitive exports, arm settings detection.
- Introduced the concept of “package recipe” that refers to conanfile.py and exported files.
- Improved settings display in web, with new “copy install command to clipboard” to assist in installing packages discovered in web.
- The OSX installer, problematic with latest OSX releases, has been deprecated in favour of homebrew and pip install procedures.
- Custom conanfile names are allowed for developing. With
--fileoption you can define the file you want to use, allowing for
.conaninfo.txtor having multiple
conanfile_test.pybesides the standard
conanfile.pywhich is used for sharing the package. Inheritance is allowed, e.g.
conanfile_dev.pymight extend/inherit from
conan copycommand that can be used to copy/rename packages, promote them between channels, forking other users packages.
conan installthat allows to download one, several, or all package configurations for a given reference.
patch()tool to easily patch sources if necessary.
- New qmake and qbs generators
- Upload of conanfile exported files is also tgz’d, allowing fast upload/downloads of full sources if desired, avoiding retrieval of sources from externals sources.
conan infocommand improved showing info of current project too
- Output of
run()can be redirected to buffer string for processing, or even removed.
- Added proxy configuration to conan.conf for users behinds proxies.
- Large improvements in commands output, prefixed with package reference, and much clear.
- Updated settings for more versions of gcc and new arm architectures
- Treat dependencies includes as SYSTEM in cmake, so no warnings are raised
- Deleting source folder after
conan exportso no manual removal is needed
- Normalizing to CRLF generated user files in Win
- Better detection and checks for compilers as VS, apple-clang
- Fixed CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS typo in cmake files
- Large internal refactor in generators
- New cmake variables in cmake generator to make FindPackage work better thanks to the underlaying FindLibrary. Now many FindXXX.cmake work “as-is” and the package creator does not have to create a custom override, and consumers can use packages transparently with the originals FindXXX.cmakes
- New “conan info” command that shows the full dependency graph and details (license, author, url, dependants, dependencies) for each dependency.
- New environment helper with a ConfigureEnvironment class, that is able to translate conan information to autotools configure environment definition
- Relative importing from conanfiles now is possible. So if you have common functionality between different packages, you can reuse those python files by importing them from the conanfile.py. Note that export=”...” might be necessary, as packages as to be self-contained.
- Added YouCompleteMe generator for vim auto-completion of dependencies.
- New “conanfile_directory” property that points to the file in which the conanfile.py is located. This helps if using the conanfile.py “build” method to build your own project as a project, not a package, to be able to use any workflow, out-of-source builds, etc.
- Many edits and improvements in help, docs, output messages for many commands.
- All cmake syntax in modern lowercase
- Fixed several minor bugs: gcc detection failure when gcc not installed, missing import, copying source->build failing when symlinks
- New cmake functionality allows package creators to provide cmake finders, so that package consumers can use their CMakeLists.txt with typical FindXXX.cmake files, without any change to them. CMake CONAN_CMAKE_MODULES_PATH added, so that package creators can provide any additional cmake scripts for consumers.
- Now it is possible to generate out-of-source and multiple configuration installations for the
same project, so you can switch between them without having to
conan installagain. Check the new workflows
- New qmake generator (thanks @dragly)
- Improved removal/deletion of folders with shutil.rmtree, so
conan removecommands and other processes requiring deletion of folders do not fail due to permissions and require manual deletion. This is an improvement, especially in Win.
pippackage, so conan can be installed via:
pip install conan
pyinstallercode for the creation of binaries from conan python source code. Distros package creators can create packages for the conan apps easily from those binaries.
- Added md5, sha1, sha256 helpers in
tools, so external downloads from
source()can be checked.
- Added latest gcc versions to default
- Added CI support for conan development: travis-ci, appveyor
- Improved human-readability for download progress, help messages.
- Minor bug fixes