Package Creator Tools¶
Using Python (or just pure shell or bash) scripting, allows you to easily automate the whole package creation and testing process, for many different configurations. For example you could put the following script in the package root folder. Name it build.py:
import os, sys import platform def system(command): retcode = os.system(command) if retcode != 0: raise Exception("Error while executing:\n\t %s" % command) if __name__ == "__main__": params = " ".join(sys.argv[1:]) if platform.system() == "Windows": system('conan create . demo/testing -s compiler="Visual Studio" -s compiler.version=14 %s' % params) system('conan create . demo/testing -s compiler="Visual Studio" -s compiler.version=12 %s' % params) system('conan create . demo/testing -s compiler="gcc" -s compiler.version=4.8 %s' % params) else: pass
This is a pure Python script, not related to Conan, and should be run as such:
$ python build.py
We have developed another FOSS tool for package creators, the Conan Package Tools to help you generate multiple binary packages from a package recipe. It offers a simple way to define the different configurations and to call conan test. In addition to offering CI integration like Travis CI, Appveyor and Bamboo, for cloud-based automated binary package creation, testing, and uploading.
This tool enables the creation of hundreds of binary packages in the cloud with a simple
$ git push and supports:
- Easy generation of multiple Conan packages with different configurations.
- Automated/remote package generation in Travis/Appveyor server with distributed builds in CI jobs for big/slow builds.
- Docker: Automatic generation of packages for several versions of
clangin Linux, and in Travis CI.
- Automatic creation of OSX packages with apple-clang, and in Travis-CI.
- Visual Studio: Automatic configuration of the command line environment with detected settings.
It’s available in pypi:
$ pip install conan_package_tools
For more information, read the README.md in the Conan Package Tools repository.